Data Management Platform Manager
We are MERGE, an uncommon combination of strategy, creative and technology. Our internal resources bring expertise across the spectrum of our clients’ needs. We dig deep into our clients’ businesses so that we can provide thought leadership that elevates brand offerings through intuitive interfaces and powerful workflows. It’s all about the user experience.
We take the same approach with our people. We want your experience here with us to be filled with inspiration and impact. In order to service our clients effectively, we’ve organized teams and built processes that match the needs of both our people and our clients. We empower and challenge every employee to pressure test our tools and ways of working, to spark discussion on improvement opportunities, and to keep each other accountable to bringing our best selves to our work every day.
MERGE’S people shine daily within our offices in Atlanta, Boston and Chicago. This role is based in Boston.
We currently seek a Data Management Platform Manager to help us utilize the latest tools and technologies to help our clients deliver more data-driven marketing solutions. The DMP Manager is responsible for hands-on delivery of client programs within our data management platform. S/he will work on a regular basis with our Media, Analytics, Media and Account Management teams.
Core functional responsibilities include:
- Serving as the subject matter expert and primary point of contact for the DMP and other marketing technologies
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on deployment of DMP, identity synchronization and tag management system
- Developing strategies and action plans for DMP solutions enhancement, expansion of use cases and audience capabilities
- Managing DMP vendor and executing programs on time and within budget
- Developing and documenting best practices for major DMP functions (onboarding clients, data sources, models, implementing sync ID pixels, etc.)
- Loading and exporting data (1st and/or 3rd party) to and from the DMP and the ability to verify critical API connections
- Defining audience segment architecture & trait taxonomy
- Solidifying data collection strategy
- Defining KPIs for success
- Creating campaigns and placements and ads
- Collaborating with extended team on detailed analysis of campaign performance
- Optimizing performance based on predefined KPIs
- Responsible for monthly data fee processing and billing
- Following trends in digital marketing tools, ideas, applications, etc. and sharing with the broader agency team
- Additional media/marketing activities as required
- 3-5 years online advertising experience with at least 2 years in a hands-on role managing DMP efforts for a client or agency
- Experience with DMP Platforms (Adobe Audience Manager, Google Audience Manager, Oracle/BlueKai, etc.) and Ad Servers (DFA, Conversant, Sizmek, etc.)
- Strong data and analytics skills
- Experience with visualization tools (Tableau, Datorama, etc.) a plus
- Detail-oriented, well-organized and able to QA data
- Exceptional communication skills (written & verbal)
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinking with the ability to pick up new tools quickly
- Ability to work independently
- Degree in Marketing, Business, communications or related field
Ability. Ability to bring the highest level of skill and competence.
Agility. To keep us flexible, nimble and incredibly responsive to client and market demands.
Humility. Constant seekers of new ideas, amazing collaborators and builders of those around us.